President | Vice-Presidents | Secretary-General | Past Presidents
Past Vice-Presidents | Past Secretaries-General | National Committees
Mr T P B Menon
Mr TPB Menon was elected President of the ALA during the Third General Assembly held in Singapore from 12 to 15 November 1984.
Mr Menon is one of the founding members of the ALA. He graduated from the then University of Malaya in Singapore in 1961 and was the first local law graduate to be admitted to the Singapore Bar. He has been in active practice since 1962. During this time, he has also held several appointments and positions, including the following:
- President of the Law Society of Singapore (1980 to 1983)
- President of the Strata Titles Board (1990 to 1993)
- Deputy Chairman of the Board of Legal Education (1978 to 2001)
- Member of the Military Court of Appeal (1980 to 1990)
- Member of the Senate of the Singapore Academy of Law (1988 to 1998)
- Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee of the Law Society of Singapore (1991 to 2004)
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Halsbury’s Laws of Singapore published by Butterworths
- Member, Market Surveillance and Compliance Panel of the National Electricity Market of Singapore (2003 to 2015).
In recognition of his service to the community, Mr Menon as awarded the PBM (Pingat Bakti Masyarakat – Public Service Medal) in 1993. He also received the Law Society of Singapore’s CC Tan Award in 2004. When presented with this award, Mr Menon was described as “a lawyer and man who represents all that is respected of our legal profession. One who does not fear to speak the truth and stand up for what is right, a man whose personal integrity is beyond reproach and embodies in his every action as a practitioner fair play, the mark of a true lawyer.”
He is currently a Consultant with the firm of Wee Swee Teow LLP and continues to be an active and respected member of ALA.