President | Vice-Presidents | Secretary-General | Past Presidents
Past Vice-Presidents | Past Secretaries-General | National Committees
Mr T P B Menon
Mr TPB Menon was elected President of the ALA during the Third General Assembly held in Singapore from 12 to 15 November 1984.
Mr Menon is one of the founding members of the ALA. He graduated from the then University of Malaya in Singapore in 1961 and was the first local law graduate to be admitted to the Singapore Bar. He has been in active practice since 1962. During this time, he has also held several appointments and positions, including the following:
- President of the Law Society of Singapore (1980 to 1983)
- President of the Strata Titles Board (1990 to 1993)
- Deputy Chairman of the Board of Legal Education (1978 to 2001)
- Member of the Military Court of Appeal (1980 to 1990)
- Member of the Senate of the Singapore Academy of Law (1988 to 1998)
- Chairman of the Disciplinary Committee of the Law Society of Singapore (1991 to 2004)
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board of Halsbury’s Laws of Singapore published by Butterworths
- Member, Market Surveillance and Compliance Panel of the National Electricity Market of Singapore (2003 to date).
In recognition of his service to the community, Mr Menon as awarded the PBM (Pingat Bakti Masyarakat – Public Service Medal) in 1993. He is currently a Consultant with the firm of M/s Wee Swee Teow & Co. and continues to be active member of ALA.